Anti-DPRK smear campaign slammed
“We remind you once again of the fact that the DPRK already declared that it would resolutely hold those who dare find fault with its supreme dignity and system, whoever they are, as the first target of punishment,” said a spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea in a statement on May 29 as he denounced the Park Geun Hye clique’s antiDPRK smear campaign.
On May 28 south Korea’s “News 1” broadcast a false report that last year the DPRK’s patrol ship and fishing boat collided with a Russian submarine in the East Sea of Korea and the survivors were “forcibly displaced” to cover up the collision, he said. There happened no such collision, to say nothing of casualty or “forcible displacement”, he refuted.
What cannot be overlooked is that Chosun Ilbo, Dong-A Ilbo and other conservative south Korean media are trying desperately to defame the dignity of the DPRK and people-centred socialist system of its own style, talking about “starvation”, “drug production” or “luxurious life of the elite”, he said, adding the principal is none other than Park Geun Hye and her clan.
Saying the more the Park clique let loose a string of false invective the faster they will meet their disgraceful end, he reaffirmed that it is the iron will of the DPRK service personnel and people to wipe out all the strongholds of smear campaign.