Name with­held

Arab Times - - LOCAL -

An­swer: If you were brought to Kuwait by this com­pany, un­der the Labour Law you have to work for them for three years be­fore you will be qual­i­fied to ap­ply for a re­lease. Un­der this sce­nario you can ask for a re­lease af­ter De­cem­ber, on the other hand, if you were hired lo­cally you are clothed with the right to ask for a re­lease at any point in time as you are a univer­sity grad­u­ate. Should the com­pany refuse to give you a re­lease if you sat­isfy the above con­di­tions, you seek re­dress by fil­ing a com­plaint at the Min­istry of So­cial Af­fairs and Labour through the Labour Of­fice in your area.

I joined a multi­na­tional com­pany in Kuwait as sales ex­ec­u­tive in Septem­ber 2017. They ter­mi­nated my con­tract in May 2018 and my last work­ing day with them was in Au­gust af­ter I served the 3 months no­tice pe­riod. To­tal time with the com­pany is 10 months and 15 days.

I have not taken any an­nual leave dur­ing my time with the com­pany and as such, I have 20 days an­nual leave pend­ing. Could you please ad­vise if I am el­i­gi­ble for 15 days in­dem­nity, and if I can en­cash my an­nual leaves, as my con­tract was ter­mi­nated by the com­pany.

Name with­held Yes, since you have been forced by the com­pany you are en­ti­tled to 15 days salary as in­dem­nity. You can also en­cash the pend­ing 20 days an­nual leave.


The Arab Times in­vites ques­tions on all as­pects of Kuwaiti law. If you face a prob­lem, or need spe­cific ad­vice on any le­gal mat­ter, from com­mer­cial and in­vest­ment law to di­vorce and labour, send ques­tions to the Man­ag­ing Ed­i­tor, Arab Times, P.O. Box 2270, 13023 Safat, Kuwait, or Fax to 24818267. E-mail: arab­times@arab­timeson­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Kuwait

© PressReader. All rights reserved.