Girl ‘strangles’ herself
A nine-year-old Kuwaiti girl died before reaching Jahra Hospital yesterday, said security sources, noting that the girl’s father claimed that the girl had strangled herself with a rope by mistake while playing at home. A case was filed and investigations are in progress.
Burst pipe creates sinkhole
A large sinkhole opened up on the road near Anjefa beach in Salwa yesterday after an underground water main burst. The rupture caused a part of the road to cave in, creating a large hole filled with water.
Two hurt in gas leak
The Fire Department’s PR and media department announced a leak of chlorine gas was detected at Wafra water plant yesterday. Firemen from Mubarak Al-Kabeer rushed to the scene, where they ventilated the building and evacuated it until the leak was controlled. Two plant workers suffered from suffocation and were rushed to hospital.
(Left) A large sinkhole is seen off Anjefa beach. (Right) Firemen in hazmat suits tackle a gas leak in Wafra.