1. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
5. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
12. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
15. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
16. (Scottish) A strong dislike.
17. An accountant certified by the state.
18. United States comedian and film actor (1880-1946).
19. Mild cream-colored Dutch cheese shaped in balls.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Capable of being corrupted.
26. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
28. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
29. Situated at an apex.
35. Minor or subordinate.
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
38. A sudden short attack.
39. A particular environment or walk of life.
42. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
45. A republic in northwestern South America.
48. Any of the enzymes that catalyze biological oxidation.
50. Utter a reproach to.
51. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
52. Of or pertaining to a number system having 16 as its base.
53. Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
54. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
56. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
58. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
61. United States economist who wrote about conspicuous consumption (1857-1929).
64. Coarsely ground corn.
69. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
70. Leatherleaf ferns.
73. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
74. Being one more than two.
75. Of or relating to the heart.
76. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
77. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
78. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
79. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
1. A soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime.
2. An elaborate song for solo voice.
3. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
4. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
5. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
6. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature. 7. The month following July and preceding September.
8. A rounded projection or protuberance.
9. (zoology) Relating to frogs and toads.
10. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling). 11. Relating to or characteristic of Arabs.
12. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
14. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
23. A bachelor's degree in religion.
25. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
27. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
30. A deep red garnet used as a gemstone.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
33. German engineer (born in France) who invented the diesel engine (1858-1913).
34. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
37. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
40. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
41. Conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm.
43. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
44. Relating to or characteristic of wooded regions.
46. Requiring two hands or designed for two people.
47. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
49. Being ten more than eighty.
55. A volcanic island (part of Campania) in the Tyrrhenian Sea at the north end of the Bay of Naples.
57. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
59. Type genus of the Percidae.
60. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
62. Armor plate that protects the chest.
63. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
65. Toward the mouth or oral region.
66. A genus of Mustelidae.
67. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
68. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
71. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
72. Not divisible by two.