Five hurt in fire

Kuwait Times - - LOCAL - By Hanan Al-Saadoun

KUWAIT: Three brothers and two maids were in­jured and suf­fered smoke in­hala­tion dur­ing a fire in a Taima area house. Fire­men from Jahra fire sta­tion bat­tled the fire and put it out. An in­ves­ti­ga­tion was opened to de­ter­mine the cause of the fire.

Mu­nic­i­pal­ity in­spec­tion

Ah­madi Mu­nic­i­pal­ity branch has launched a se­ries of in­spec­tion cam­paigns fo­cused on lo­cal co-ops to en­sure qual­ity of food­stuffs be­ing sold. The cam­paign cov­ered Dha­her, Fa­ha­heel, Jaber Al-Ali and Regga ar­eas and re­sulted in the is­suance of 37 ci­ta­tions, while two stores were or­dered shut be­cause they were op­er­at­ing with­out a li­cense.

Con­struc­tion li­censes

Mu­nic­i­pal­ity Pub­lic Re­la­tions De­part­ment said the Engi­neer­ing li­cense de­part­ment in the cap­i­tal con­tin­ued is­su­ing con­struc­tion li­censes dur­ing the first six months of this year, and KD 11,368 were col­lected out of 1341 li­censes. Di­rec­tor of cap­i­tal branch Eng. Ammar Al-Ammar said a plan has been placed to ease pro­ce­dures and re­move ob­sta­cles.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Kuwait

© PressReader. All rights reserved.