Klopp won’t rush back im­prov­ing Coutinho

Kuwait Times - - SPORTS -

In­flu­en­tial mid­fielder Philippe Coutinho was mak­ing en­cour­ag­ing progress from an an­kle in­jury but will not be rushed back to boost Liver­pool’s Premier League ti­tle as­pi­ra­tions, man­ager Juer­gen Klopp has said. The 24-yearold Brazil­ian, who was ini­tially ex­pected to be out for five to six weeks, has been on the side­lines since sus­tain­ing the in­jury dur­ing the 2-0 win over Sun­der­land at An­field last month. “It would be cool. He is im­prov­ing a lot,” Klopp told Bri­tish me­dia when asked if Coutinho could be back for the clash against Manch­ester City at An­field on New Year’s Eve. “He is off his crutches since the West Ham United game (on Dec. 11), when we left the sta­dium he was walk­ing in front with­out them.” Coutinho said he has set his sights on mak­ing his re­turn against City. Klopp, how­ever, in­sisted the mid­fielder will not be rushed back into ac­tion. “We will have to see,” the Ger­man man­ager added. “No idea at the mo­ment.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Kuwait

© PressReader. All rights reserved.