Pink Eye

A new take on NYC’S most-vis­ited tourist at­trac­tion

Bespoke - - WHOA! -

An up-and-com­ing Ital­ian pho­tog­ra­pher by the name of Paolo Pet­ti­giani has man­aged to cap­ture the beauty of New York’s Cen­tral Park in a to­tally orig­i­nal way. “Us­ing in­frared dig­i­tal pho­tog­ra­phy, I man­aged to block the vis­i­ble light and cap­ture only the invisible,” says the 25-year-old artist. “Pho­to­syn­the­siz­ing plants, like grass, leaves and trees, have chloro­phyll, which ab­sorbs mostly blue and red light and re­flects green light, by a rate of around 20 per cent, which is why plants look green.the other 80 per cent is re­flected on the in­frared spec­trum but we never nor­mally get to see that.” By us­ing a spe­cial fil­ter, Pet­ti­giani has el­e­vated the mostly grey ci­tyscape to an ur­ban mas­ter­piece, rich with del­i­cate pink hues and con­trast­ing turquoise shades. And the re­sult has an al­most divine tran­quil­ity, trans­form­ing the park from its usual hus­tle and bus­tle of big-eyed tourists and en­thu­si­as­tic buskers to some kind of serene, and un­fa­mil­iar, oa­sis.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Lebanon

© PressReader. All rights reserved.