10 TIPS ON HOW TO BUY ART FOR A HOTEL
1. Buy colorful and large pieces of art, as they have a greater impact.
2. Place big sculptures and artistic photography in common spaces.
3. Refrain from placing sculptures in rooms as they risk getting broken.
4. Stay away from politically related and dark-colored artworks reflecting sad subjects.
5. Refrain from using posters, videos and installations.
6. Oil on canvas are more valuable and
send out a message to guests that you are a connoisseur.
7. Abstract art conveys the image of a trendy hotel, which is appreciated by most guests. Designer furniture could also be important.
8. Buy art pieces from local galleries that promote local artists. These galleries will be happy to tell their buyers that your hotel is also their customer, providing you with additional advertising. It’s very important for your clients to know that you care about the heritage of your country and supporting local artists.
9. Making art magazines or small guides about local art galleries available to guests is a nice touch. Consider letting the local Ministry of Culture know that you care about the country’s heritage. You will then benefit from the help of an official authority in developing your image in a way that differentiates you from the competition.
10. Use your art collection as an advertising medium. Whether through social media or your website, broadcasting your passion for art will set your hotel apart and enhance your reputation and image as a contemporary property.