Anx­ious wait for Le­bata

…as Bantu striker un­der­goes op­er­a­tion in South Africa

Lesotho Times - - Sport - Mikia Kalati

BANTU striker, Tse­bang Le­bata, has paid trib­ute to club man­age­ment and sup­port­ers who forked out M80 000 for an op­er­a­tion on his trou­ble­some knee.

The op­er­a­tion was car­ried out at the Univer­si­tas Pri­vate Hos­pi­tal in Bloem­fontein, South Africa, on Fri­day last week and what the foot­ball fra­ter­nity can only do now is wait to see if it was a suc­cess.

How­ever, Le­bata (25) says should he be fully fit once again, he would sign a long-term con­tract with A Matšo Mate­bele as a way of re­pay­ing the club.

The 2013/14 pre­mier league top goal-scorer did not fea­ture for Bantu the en­tire 2014/15 sea­son due to the in­jury he suf­fered in April last year.

“I have no words to de­scribe how grate­ful I’m to Bantu for the sup­port and the way the man­age­ment and sup­port­ers went all out to save my foot­ball ca­reer,” Le­bata said.

“Foot­ball has been ev­ery­thing to me—my pas­sion and ca­reer—and it was very painful when I was told that I would never play again un­less I went for this op­er­a­tion.”

Le­bata, who is also a stu­dent at the Na­tional Uni­ver­sity of Le­sotho, said the last twelve months had been “very painful” as he had to watch the game from the ter­races.

“It is a bit painful now and still use crutches to get around, but the im­por­tant thing is I had the op­er­a­tion and should ev­ery­thing go ac­cord­ing to what the doc­tors have said, I will be back on the field once again.

“The doc­tors told me that the knee was se­ri­ously dam­aged and it’s go­ing to take over six months to heal.”

To show his grat­i­tude to Bantu, the tal­ented for­ward said he would com­mit his longterm fu­ture to the Mafeteng-based gi­ants.

“I will for­ever be grate­ful to the pres­i­dent, Ntate Leuta and his ex­ec­u­tive, as well as the sup­port­ers, for show­ing me so much love and giv­ing me a chance to play again. I’m out of con­tract at the mo­ment but will re­new it with­out hes­i­ta­tion should I be asked to do so,” he said.

Bantu pres­i­dent, Leuta John Leuta, on Tues­day told the Le­sotho Times: “As a club, we are very happy that the player has fi­nally un­der­gone the op­er­a­tion.

“The med­i­cal team which op­er­ated on him told us that it had been a very se­ri­ous in­jury and I was there to sup­port the boy for the en­tire four hours of the op­er­a­tion.

“I’m just glad that it is over now and hope­fully, he will be back play­ing the game once again. He is very young and has a lot to con­trib­ute to our club.”

LIKUENA and Bantu striker Tse­bang Le­bata (left) is hop­ing his op­er­a­tion was suc­cess­ful.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Lesotho

© PressReader. All rights reserved.