How to choose the right property agent
WITH the current standing of the local property and new developments springing up all over, it can be incredibly difficult for a seller to choose an estate agent that can help him or her best market their property to achieve the desired price.
Below are five tips to keep in mind when selecting an agent:
1. Find an area expert One of the biggest mistakes sellers make is choosing a well-recognised brand over an agent with his finger on the pulse of the community. Knowing how to market a property in a specific area can make the difference between getting your home sold or not.
2. Certified Ensure the agency you’re dealing with is certified with the appropriate bodies to ensure you’re dealing with qualified agents that will adhere to a strict ethics code.
3. Digital presence Marketing property has changed substantially in the past few years, and the dominance of the digital world has had a major impact on the way properties are marketed.
Check online to see if the agent markets current properties on their digital social media profiles, their website, as well as necessary property listing portals. If your agent is active and has a great digital footprint, your property will become a part if this marketing web.
4. Communication and honesty Ask the agent for testimonials and contactable references. Call those references and ask them whether their dealing with the agent in question was transparent and if they always felt that communication lines were open.
This is incredibly important, remember this person is probably handling the single biggest investment you’ll ever make. You need to be able to trust them.
5. Planning and strategy Ask the agent what their short- and mediumterm strategy is for your property, and if they have an activity plan. Things like knowing whether your property will be marketed to a contact database need to be understood. — Property24
SELLERS need to ensure they are dealing with qualified agents that will adhere to a strict ethics code.