Benefits of installing artificial grass
CONSIDERING that many people only see artificial turf at venues, crèches and school fields, it’s reasonable to believe that they rarely get to experience it in residential landscaping projects.
Below are some of the benefits of installing artificial grass at home…
Advantages of installing artificial grass
1. Artificial grass which is otherwise known as synthetic lawn is low maintenance and pet friendly, making it a versatile product in terms of application.
2. Synthetic grass does away with allergy issues. For instance, in cases where children might be allergic to grass, synthetic lawn is the ideal alternative. This makes growing and playing outside a fun experience again.
3. Artificial lawn is so versatile that a number of homeowners have installed it in their bedrooms, on walls and even on ceilings. However, the most common application of synthetic lawn is of course in landscaping.
4. The production of artificial turf has grown so much over time that it has evolved to look more realistic, with different types of grass fibres that resemble dead particles.
5. The upside to using synthetic grass in landscaping projects is that it can be curved and shaped according to any type of garden, big or small.
6. Oftentimes, homeowners may find a particular spot in the garden where the sun doesn’t always get to. As such, you’ll find that the grass doesn’t grow in that part of the garden.
People spend crazy amounts of money to try and get their grass to grow, especially in shady areas.
Pairing synthetic grass with some stepping stones and pebbles will revive an area like this and create a space that can be used to its full purpose.
7. With the more modern types of buildings going up, garden space is often limited or non-existent.
In such instances, artificial turf can be installed in smaller garden areas, providing a green patch all year round with no maintenance needed.
8. In the past, rooftops weren’t normally considered areas that people would use. Nowadays, however, rooftops can be decorated and furnished to suit the individual’s needs. Together, apartment owners and landscapers can design and create beautiful rooftop gardens that can be used for recreational purposes.
9. The advantages of installing artificial turf is that it stays green all year round, does not have to be mowed or watered and can be installed virtually anywhere.
Artificial grass can save homeowners money due to its low or no maintenance factor. You don’t have to get it mowed, no fertiliser is needed, neither is a sprinkler system.
The different options in terms of artificial turf are endless and a person would only be limited by their own imagination.
Who can benefit from synthetic lawn? Today’s homeowner is living a fast-paced and busy life, with little or no time to care for a lawn. Apartment owners, people living in small estates and townhouses, families with allergy sufferers and homeowners with holiday homes can all benefit from installing artificial grass.
Cost of installing artificial turf A landscape product with an eight-year war- ranty (depending on the quantity), can cost you anything from R265 to R425 per square metre installed.
A little bit of maintenance Homeowners should consider the fact that even the no maintenance turf still needs to be brushed ever so often to ensure all the fibres stand upright.
There are applications that require silica sand infill to prevent this from happening, but most landscape products are non-infill products.