Grand Easter bash post­poned

Sunday Express - - FRONT PAGE - Mamohlakola Le­tuka

THE or­gan­is­ers of the highly an­tic­i­pated Lesotho Grand Easter bash billed to fea­ture Nige­rian mu­sic sen­sa­tion Te­kno ( pic­tured) have parted ways over the post­pone­ment of the show from 30 March to a later date in April.

Cube Events and Black Mix had thrown fans up in the air last month when they an­nounced the com­ing of the big­gest mu­sic show so far since the be­gin­ning of the year.

How­ever, last week Cube Events boss, Benny B ex­plained they de­cided to post­pone the show to the last week of April af­ter the Nige­rian mu­si­cian, Te­kno sud­denly in­formed them that he was un­able to at­tend due to an­other press­ing com­mit­ment.

“When ar­range­ments were ini­tially made, he did not com­mu­ni­cate this “press­ing com­mit­ment”, so con­sid­er­ing the sit­u­a­tion, we had no other choice but to post­pone to a later date, which we are go­ing to an­nounce,” Benny B said.

How­ever, some in­side sources said part­ner com­pany, Black Mix pulled-out of the deal ac­cus­ing Cube Events of un­pro­fes­sional con­duct.

“Black Mix were un­happy be­cause they had in­sisted on sign­ing a work­ing con­tract, but Cube Events was re­luc­tant to do so. When the event was post­poned lead­ing to the un­cer­tainty over the new date, Black Mix de­cided to pull-out,” the source said.

Black Mix Lesotho chief ex­ec­u­tive of­fi­cer, Man­isha Black de­clined to com­ment on the un­pro­fes­sion­al­ism al­le­ga­tions say­ing they were un­able to par­tic­i­pate due to the change of the date.

“We were con­tracted by Cube Events to as­sist in ex­e­cut­ing the event but due to the change of the date, we will no longer be part of the show,” she said.

The Easter bash was ex­pected to fea­ture lo­cal heavy­weights in­clud­ing Afro DJs, Deepee; Kop­per; Os­mic; Tseko; Vesta; Du­ma­nis; Ebon­ics; Gama and Indo & In­nven­dos, Juvy, MIP among other acts.

Also sched­uled to at­tend were Nasty C and Prince Kay­bee from South Africa.

How­ever, to make mat­ters worse, the build-up shows ex­pected to have taken place prior to the main event have not yet taken place and this was at­trib­uted to the Cube Events and Black Mix Lesotho split.

Benny B said the post­pone­ment was a bless­ing in dis­guise as they will have much time to pre­pare for a much big­ger event.

“We are now work­ing harder to make the show even much big­ger and mem­o­rable than we had ini­tially in­tended.”

The event is meant to bring new and ex­cit­ing in­ter­na­tional feel to the en­ter­tain­ment cul­ture in Lesotho.

Benny B ex­plained the main in­vestors for the show were some Nige­ri­ans who were tak­ing care of the MTV Africa Mu­sic Awards 2016

Best New Act award win­ner ex­penses, while Cube Events were han­dling ex­penses for the Lesotho show.

“We were ap­proached by one Nige­rian com­pany that in­di­cated they wanted to bring a Nige­rian act here. We then agreed they would han­dle all the costs from Nige­ria while ours is to cater for the event from this side.”

On how they were man­ag­ing the un­ex­pected de­lay, he said they had al­ready com­mu­ni­cated with the lo­cal and South African artistes who un­der­stood the sit­u­a­tion.

“Other per­form­ers on the line-up also agreed to the new ar­range­ment. The fans that had bought some tick­ets can ex­change with the new ones or get a re­fund if maybe they can­not at­tend in April.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Lesotho

© PressReader. All rights reserved.