SIX WAYS TO WAKE UP BETTER-LOOKING
Because turning off the TV and rolling over is not a healthy nightly routine.
The hours you spend sawing wood are a golden opportunity to look and feel better in the am, provided you do some maintenance in advance. It won’t cut into your REM, either—you can run through this list in less than 10 minutes.
1. Scrub Down Washing your face is most important before bed, after you’ve accrued a day’s worth of dirt. Toner lifts off any grime you missed on the first pass. Use this: Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser, Lab Series Rescue Water Lotion.
2. Brush Up You’re already doing this, right? Finish with floss and mouthwash to minimise morning breath.
3. Fix Your Face Two products will make you more handsome in your sleep: a night cream (read: heavy-duty moisturiser) with glycolic acid helps get rid of dead skin cells, and an eye serum with retinol builds collagen, which can reduce wrinkles. Use this: Baxter of California Night Cream AHA, Verso Super Eye Serum.
4. Get Wet Shut-eye means dry eyes for most of us—but lubricating drops prevent itchiness and redness in the morning. A swipe of balm does the same for your lips. Use this: Rohto Hydra Dry Eye, Nivea Moisture Lip Care.
5. Fight the Power Toss your iphone outside your room before you tuck in. And yes, turn off the TV. Fewer blue screens make for better rest.
6. Treat Yourself Do what it takes to relax, even if it makes you feel ridiculous. Use a lavender pillow spray. Put on an eye mask. Play some ambient whale calls. You know what’s ridiculous? Insomnia. Use this: Susanne Kaufmann Pillow Spray, Intrecciato Bottega Veneta Eye Mask.