TITLEIST PRO V1 & PRO V1x GOLF BALL PRODUCTION: By the Numbers
• 20,000+ years is the collective experience of all the associates in Titleist’s Golf Ball Operations
• 80+ chemists, physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers, and technicians are involved in the research, development and design of the Pro V1 and V1x golf balls
• To ensure that every ball coming out of a Pro V1 or V1x sleeve is exactly the same, there is a thorough Quality Assurance (QA) process for the balls. All of which tracks the ball manufacturing process from the testing of raw materials to the testing of the completed ball and ending in the x-ray of every ball. The QA process also includes random ball samples from each production batch being subjected to automated robotic hitting to ensure there is a minimum number of hits before paint shearing and ball damage appears, plus a visual inspection by a dedicated checker for smoothness, quality of the ball cover, paint, stamping and other defects
Quality is key - at every step of the production process, if any component is defective, it is kicked out of the production line.
• Only 1 out of every 10 million Pro V1 and V1x golf balls produced is returned defective
• 100% of the Titleist Pro V1 and V1x is made in-house in owned and operated manufacturing plants with proprietary specifications, processes and automation
• Titleist's three manufacturing facilities (Ball Plant 2, Ball Plant 3 in the United States and Ball Plant 4 in Thailand) collectively produce over 1 million golf balls per production day.
• Ball Plants 3 and 4 manufacture exclusively Pro V1 and V1x balls, with Ball Plant 2 making all the other models in the Titleist golf ball range. • Ball Plant 4 in Thailand:
-- produces ALL the Pro V1 and Pro V1x balls for the WORLD PLUS
30% of the Pro V1 and V1x balls for the United States
• 2 out of every 3 golfers across the major worldwide professional tours play the Pro V1 or Pro V1x
• 23,450 times is the number during the 2015-16 season that the Pro V1 or Pro V1x was teed-up across worldwide professional tours
• 330,000+ times a player has put their trust in a Pro V1 or Pro V1x on one of the worldwide professional tours • Since March 2001, four months after their market introduction, Pro V1 and Pro V1x have been the most played and best-selling golf ball models around the world.
• Titleist owns the industry’s largest portfolio of golf ball intellectual property with more than 1,000 patents. Since 2010, Titleist has been awarded nearly 50 percent of all golf ball patents issued in the United States.