make a sunday bag
1. Locate a sewing machine and pair of jeans you can live without.
2. Starting at the cuff, cut one leg vertically along the inseam to the waist, avoiding the zipper, to create a rectangle of fabric.
3. Fold lengthwise so the inside of the denim is showing, and trim the length to 33 inches.
4. From the other leg, cut a six-inch-wide, 33-inch-long strip. Fold to create a threeinch-wide strap, and sew the long sides together.
5. Hide the strap inside the folded rectangle, placing one end even with the top and the other a foot from the bottom. Double-stitch along the perimeter (except for the top!) to close the bag, and affix the strap. Turn it inside out, and now you’ve got a Sunday bag for casual rounds. —kl