How to Set Up Anti Theft on Your Smartphone
Head on over to the Advanced tab. Inside, select "SATA Configuration," followed by "SATA Mode Selection", and then "RAID". You should then be returned to the SATA Configuration menu, and with the "SATA Mode Selection" value set to ‘RAID’. be sure to save the current BIOS configuration before exiting the utility. This can usually be achieved by pressing the F10 button.
1. Setting up the Anti-Theft function on your smartphone or tablet is easy with Kaspersky Security for Mobile, which offers features such as device locking and location tracking built-in. Although the app toggles most of the functions upon installation, you can still tweak the settings in AntiTheft for better personalization. To begin, select the Anti-Theft dropdown from the main menu.
2. The first feature is Device Lock, which can protect your data when your device is stolen or lost. With this feature, you can remotely access the device via Kaspersky Security Center to remotely lock it, so as to immediately protect your data and device from unauthorized access.
3. Device Lock is enabled by default, but users can input a text message in this menu that will be displayed on the screen when the lock is enabled. This is useful for the person in possession of your device to get in touch with you, facilitating its return.
4. The second feature is Data Wipe, which allows you to remotely wipe selected or all data from your device should it get lost or stolen. This is useful for businesses or users with sensitive and private data. Users can use Kaspersky Security Center to access this function.
5. Like Device Lock, Data Wipe is enabled by default, although users can choose between two options, which is to delete only personal data on a memory card or all data on the device, restoring it to its factory defaults. You may choose whichever option that suits you best or even disable the function if necessary.
6. Next is SIM Watch, a nifty little feature that can monitor the device for any changes to the SIM card. When a SIM card is replaced, the device can send a message to users informing them of the new number, so that they can get in touch with the person in current possession of the device.
7. SIM Watch isn’t enabled, so you will have to toggle the checkbox to unlock its features, which allows the sending of notifications to an alternate phone number or email address, as well as the option to automatically lock the device upon a change of SIM card.
8. Select the empty phone number field to input a secondary phone number that will receive an SMS notification when the SIM card is replaced. The email initially used to set up the phone is already in SIM Watch, although you can change the address if necessary.
9. Last but not least is Locate, which can provide you with the coordinates of your device, so you will be able to pinpoint its location. This feature can be accessed by the system administrator via the Kaspersky Security Center.
10. By default, Locate is already enabled, so users can get the coordinates directly in the email that was registered during the installation process.