Capacity Building Initiatives
Highlight on MII Projects (Report as of 31 August 2012)
Below is the significant development status of MII Capacity Building Projects:
1. Development of Professional Qualification Programmes
- The translation in Bahasa Malaysia for the Basic Agency Management Course (BAMC) was completed on 29 June
2012 and was sent to the respective department. - The course notes and slides for the Ethics and Anti Money Laundering & Counter Financing Terrorism subjects were
completed on 26 June 2012. The course notes have been distributed to the respective departments.
2. Library Management System
- The review of User Acceptance Test (UAT) for Integrated Library System (ILS), Digital Repository, and Discovery was
completed and signed off on 31 July 2012. - The Library Management System (LMS) customisation on vital, visualiser and the MII KMC website were completed
on 31 July 2012. - Currently, LMS Beta testing is in progress. The testing is expected to be completed by November 2012.
3. Research and Resource Centre
- As of August 2012, the following are the books/materials purchased from the list of books/materials for 2012: 1. Reference books = 426 books 2. CII textbooks = 24 books 3. Research papers = 17 titles - The Audio Visual materials for the first batch were purchased and they include 97 DVD titles for motivation and the Million Dollar Round Table DVD for AV collection. Twenty-one DVD titles were purchased for the second batch and they include DVDs for the areas of sales, marketing and motivation. The materials were selected by MKCC members during the third MKCC meeting. - The Electronic Database for the first batch was purchased including renewal of Meltwater Service online database for insurance alert weekly. The next initiative is to identify and propose eBrary, ISEAS e-books, BLIS and Press Display for MKCC selection purpose. - In April 2012, the Library Equipment for the first batch has been purchased. The equipment include: 1. Two units of double-sided Book Trolley 2. 1,000 units of due date slips 3. 100 units of folder holder (Princeton Holder) 4. Two units of triangle range indicator 5. Two boxes of magnetic strips for softcover books 6. 3M Detection System – CD solution & Barcode scanner