Sul­tan Mizan with­draws from Sea Games

New Straits Times - - News -

KUALA LUMPUR: Sul­tan of Tereng­ganu Sul­tan Mizan Zainal Abidin has with­drawn from the 2017 Sea Games.

Olympic Coun­cil of Malaysia (OCM) sec­re­tary-gen­eral Datuk Low Beng Choo said Sul­tan Mizan, who was slated to par­tic­i­pate in the eques­trian en­durance race, made the de­ci­sion in the best in­ter­est of his team.

“We must com­mend Tuanku Mizan, who thinks of his team’s best in­ter­est.”

Low said Sul­tan Mizan had been train­ing hard, and with­draw­ing from the event would have been a painful de­ci­sion to make.

The sul­tan had been short­listed for the event that will take place at the Tereng­ganu In­ter­na­tional En­durance Park in Lem­bah Bi­dong, Setiu, dur­ing the bi­en­nial games on Aug 19 to 30. Ber­nama

FILE PIC

Sul­tan of Tereng­ganu Sul­tan Mizan Zainal Abidin has with­drawn from the 2017 Sea Games.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.