Dark Chocolate Almond Brownies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Nutrition facts per serving: 122 calories, 7.0 g fat, 15.6 g carbs, 2.9g protein, 3.9 g fiber.
1 cup almonds 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tablespoon chia seeds ½ teaspoon sea salt 1 cup dates, pitted *extra dates roughly chopped for garnish For Chocolate Ganache Frosting 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted 1 tablespoon agave nectar
1. In a food processor, add almonds, cocoa powder, chia seeds and salt, and blitz until the mixture resembles sand.
2. Add the dates and continue to blitz until the mixture forms a ball.
3. Spoon the dough onto a piece of parchment paper or greased aluminium foil, and roll it out into a large square that is ½ inch thick. Put aside.
4. Prepare the chocolate ganache by combining the cocoa powder, melted coconut oil and agave nectar until it forms a thin, glossy glaze.
5. Let the glaze harden in the fridge or room temperature, stirring every now and then, until it resembles thick chocolate frosting.
6. Cut the brownies into preferred size.
7. Smear the ganache onto each brownie square, and top with chopped almonds. *These bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks, and can last about a month in the fridge.