Grilled Spicy Teriyaki Salmon
Active Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
1⁄2 cup sake
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon red chilli flakes, plus more for sprinkling
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
4 (about 150g) thick skinless salmon fillets
1. Heat a grill to medium-high.
2. Bring the sake, syrup, soy sauce, chilli flakes, and vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat to simmer vigorously and simmer until syrupy, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Rub the oil all over the salmon and season with salt. Grill, turning once, until grill marks appear and the fish is almost opaque in the centre, about 8 minutes.
4. Transfer the salmon to serving plates and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
* Nutrition facts per serving: 337 kcal cal., 12 g fat ( 1.8 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 0 g fiber, 29 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet