Cold Yoghurt Soup Jars
Start to finish: 25 minutes
1⁄2 cup walnut halves,
2 cups whole or 2 percent plain Greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon honey
11⁄2 cups ice-cold water
4 cucumbers, finely diced
1⁄3 cup golden raisins, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons chopped mint
2 tablespoons minced chives
1 tablespoon chopped dill
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dried rose petals, crushed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 15 to 20 minutes, until fragrant and deepened in colour. Transfer to a cutting board to cool, then roughly chop. Transfer to a large bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish.
2. Add yoghurt and honey to the walnuts, and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in water until no lumps in the yogurt remain.
3. With a wooden spoon, stir in cucumber, raisins, mint, chives, dill, salt, and pepper.
4. Transfer soup to 6 small glass mason jars, seal, and refrigerate.
5. To serve, gently shake jars, remove lids, and garnish with reserved walnuts, rose petals, and sumac.