By Neal Levin
My phone has tons of gadgets, A hundred-fifty rings,
Can store a thousand numbers And other nifty things.
My phone can send me e-mail And news from far away, Predict tomorrow’s weather,
And tell the time of day.
My phone can download music, Take photos in a flash,
Make videos and movies,
And really make a splash.
I heard that in the old days
(I’m not sure what this means) That people used their phones to talk To other human beings.
1. How many rings does the phone in the poem have? a. 1,005 b. 150 c. 10,050 d. 1,500
2. According to stanza three, list two things the phone in the poem can do.
3. Can you think of something that the poet didn’t
Match each vocabulary word on the left with the correct definition on the right.
1. nifty a. small, useful devices
2. predict b. to collect and put in a location for future use
3. gadgets c. quick and suddenly
4. download d. an event that has been recorded so it can be watched later
5. flash e. to say that something might happen in the future