HERE are 21 key success principles from Canfield’s book, The Success Principles: How To Get From Where You Are To Where You Want To Be, which the author expounded on at the seminar:
1. Take 100% responsibility for your life and your results.
2. Be clear why you are here (clarify your life purpose). 3. Decide what you want. 4. Believe in yourself. 5. Unleash the power of goal-setting – goals must be measurable and have specific timelines for achievement.
6. Chunk it down – break down your complex tasks into small manageable ones and take action step by step.
7. Release the brakes – form a habit of using affirmations, or positive statements that affirm your being in the state of having already accomplished the goal.
8. Use the power of visualisation – visualise all your goals and results, and run through the feeling of having already completed them, twice a day. 9. Take action. 10. Experience your fear and take action anyway.
11. Ask, ask, ask. 12. Reject rejection. 13. Network. 14. Develop four new success habits a year.
15. Pay yourself first – save 10% of all the money you earn and invest it. 16. Ask for, and respond to, feedback. 17. Practise uncommon appreciation – employees are more motivated by appreciation and an understanding attitude than they are by good wages, job security and promotion opportunities. 18. Exceed expectations. 19. Keep your agreements. 20. Mastermind your way to success – find and work with an accountability partner or create a mastermind group of four to six people to keep you focused on what is important.
21. Practise persistence.