International education choices
examinations, the programme is flexible in the sense that you are able to switch majors within the first two years of the course.
It also requires you to take subjects outside of your chosen major and encourages classroom participation so that you have a well- rounded experience and the skills to work with people from different fields.
Canadian Pre- University ( CPU) and Canadian International
CIMP programmes offer a wide range of subject options from business, engineering and science to subjects related to the arts, to cater to the diverse interests of students.
In addition to completing coursework that encompasses tests, attendance and quizzes that make up 70% of the overall assessment, students must sit for a final year examination to cover the remaining 30%.
The programmes are also unique as you are required to perform 10 hours of community involvement or outreach to graduate.
Completion of the programme leads to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, which is similarly awarded to students who complete 12th Grade of Canadian high school.
South Australian Certificate of Education International ( SACE International) and Australian Matriculation ( AUSMAT)
SACE International ( previously South Australian Matriculation or SAM) and AUSMAT programmes are internationally recognised and equivalent to a Year 12 Australian high school course.
Your overall grades are based on a mixture of school assessments throughout the year as well as external examinations at the end of the semester.
For students studying the SACE International curriculum, coursework contributes to 70% of the overall score while it is 50% in the AUSMAT programme.
Both programmes are suitable for students who have either a clear career path in mind or those who are unsure about a degree to study in university.
For example, you can take subjects such as mathematics and economics if you are certain of building a career in business, or chemistry and biology for a career in biomedical science and nutrition.
After completing the course and being awarded either the South or West Australian Certificate of Education that are both recognised within the Australian Qualification Framework, you are eligible to apply to top universities in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, US and across Asia.
With the variety of pre- university courses on offer, students can choose one that best fits their academic and extracurricular preferences.