Be a morning person
SEVERAL studies have shown that getting up early is not the best way to approach learning. Teenagers who sleep later are better rested and more efficient learners. However, schedules being what they are, you probably have to struggle with some morning classes. Here’s how to get set up so you’ve lots of energy.
1. Go to bed at the same time every night and don’t make it too late. Your body loves routine, so you should train yourself to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Aim for seven hours but eight is even better.
2. Daylight activates the brain, just like darkness will help you sleep. If it’s past dawn when you have to get up, open the curtains as soon as the alarm goes off so you make sure you get the benefit of the sunlight.
3. Buy a coffee maker. There’s nothing like waking up to the scent of fresh coffee.
4. Lay out your clothes the night before. If you don’t have to think about what you are going to wear, you have time to wake up at your own pace.
5. Put together a play list of your favourite songs. Invest in a player with a timer and place it far away from the bed so you can’t roll over and switch it off. This way you will start the day in a positive mind.
school of Pre- university studies head sathyavathy rasanayagam counselling students who need guidance in their study plan.