If you would like to try cycling in and around Perth, check out these biking routes. Sometimes there will be special cycling lanes, but you will also be using many paths shared with pedestrians.
1. King’s Park – Ride through scenic areas on mostly flat terrain, except the steep entrances into the park.
2. Burswood Park trail – a scenic 3.5km route close to the Central Business District that takes in Burswood Park and the Swan River foreshore.
3. to City Beach – a 12km ride on shared paths from Perth’s Central Business District going westwards to City Beach.
4. Perth to Fremantle – a 20km bike route from Perth heading south- west to the port city of Fremantle.
5. Sunset Coast – a longer 55km ride on mainly shared paths following the coastline and offering great views of the ocean. Joins up to the Fremantle route.
6. the Hills – Three rides of different distances through the Darling Range hills on the eastern outskirts of Perth, with views of forests, waterfalls, orchards and vineyards.
7. Swan Valley – a variety of routes through the valley that is famous for its wineries, restaurants and craft industries. You can also combine this with a ride along the Canning River to do a 50km circuit.
8. to Armadale – a 50km scenic riding route, going south- east along the Canning River, to the historic town of Armadale.
9. to Midland – a 16km bike route to the historic town of Midland, beyond the airport.
10. rottnest Island – just 19km off the coast of Fremantle and accessible by ferry, there are bikes for rent on the island. There is a 25km round- island route with flat and hilly terrain. –