Chocolate oatmeal cookies
– 175g butter
– 80g soft brown sugar
– 35g caster sugar
– 2 egg yolks
– 2 tbsp fresh milk
– 50g semi-sweet chocolate chips – 25g plain chocolate grated
– 20g almond nibs roasted
– 135g quick cooking oats blended
into a coarse texture
– Sifted together:
– 170g superfine flour
– 20g cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1) Line the cookie trays with non-stick or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Cream the butter and sugars until light. Beat in the egg yolks and milk.
2) Stir in the chocolate chips, grated chocolate and almond nibs.
3) Add in the oatmeal and the sifted dry ingredients. Fold in gradually and mix into a doughy mixture.
4) Take pieces of dough about the size of a small lime and place on the cookie tray, spacing them apart to allow room for spreading.
5) Using the back of a fork, press down lightly on each cookie dough to mark and flatten it slightly.
6) Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool the cookies on a wire rack before storing in airtight containers. – www.kuali.com