Stir-fried prawns in lemongrass
– 10 dried chillies, soaked to soften
– 3 red chillies, seeded
– 2 candlenuts
– 1 star anise
– 3cm cinnamon stick
– 3 cardamoms
– 2 stalks lemon grass, smashed – 1 stalk curry leaves
– Add an adequate amount of salt and sugar to taste
1) Heat oil in a wok until hot and fry onion and spices (B) until fragrant. Add blended spices (A) and continue to sauté until oil rises to the surface.
2) Add prawns, evaporated milk and yoghurt. Cook for about a minute. Add lemon juice, tomato and adjust with seasoning to taste.
Stir well to combine. Cover to cook and simmer until prawns are cooked through. Source: www.kuali.com