Suji cornflake cookies
– 200g butter
– 110g caster sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 egg, small
– 200g plain flour sifted with 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 125g semolina flour
– 65g cornflakes, coarsely crushed
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. 2) Cream butter, sugar, essence and salt until creamy. Add in egg and continue to cream until fluffy.
Add in the sifted dry ingredients and semolina, and then mix into a dough.
3) Pinch small pieces of the dough and roll each into a ball. Toss in crushed cornflakes and arrange the pieces on a prepared baking tray. Flatten the cookies slightly.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until cookies are golden.
5) Cool completely on wire rack before storing.