Specialised road to success
UNIVERSITI Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) is Malaysia’s leading technical and entrepreneurial university, formed as part of the education group under Majlis Amanah Rakyat (Mara), an agency of the Rural and Regional Development Ministry.
It was formed via the amalgamation of seven Mara skills institutions on Aug 20, 2002, and has since expanded to become one of Malaysia’s top universities.
Its primary aim is to provide an enriching graduate and postgraduate learning environment, which fulfils the academic and intellectual potential of its students.
The university advocates a culture that strives for high education standards in the Higher Technical and Vocational Education and Training delivery system, emphasising hands-on technical skills and knowledge development.
One Institute, One Specialisation
With the concept of “One Institute, One Specialisation”, UniKL currently has 12 campuses strategically located all over Peninsular Malaysia with its Chancellery situated in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
The university’s diversity in specialisation enables the optimisation of resources, enhances teaching and learning activities and boosts profound research activities.
Below are the 12 campuses of UniKL and areas of specialisation:
1) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI) for mechatronics, mechanical, robotics, welding, air-conditioning and electromechanical systems
2) Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute (UniKL BMI) for electrical, electronics, medical electronics and telecommunication technology
3) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Aviation Technology (UniKL Miat) for aviation technology
4) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Spanish Institute (UniKL MSI) for mechanical, manufacturing, mechatronics, applied electronics and automotive
5) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Information Technology (UniKL MIIT) for software engineering, networking, computer system security, multimedia and animation
6) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Chemical and Bioengineering Technology (UniKL Micet) for chemical and bioengineering technology
7) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL Mimet) for marine engineering technology
8) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College of Medicine Perak (UniKL RCMP) for medical and allied health sciences
9) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Product Design and Manufacturing (UniKL Iprom) for design, manufacturing and engineering business management
10) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Industrial Technology (UniKL Mitec) for quality engineering, facilities maintenance and industrial logistics
11) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Medical Science Technology (UniKL Mestech) for medical science technology
12) Universiti Kuala Lumpur Business School (UniKL Business School) for accounting, entrepreneurship, Islamic finance and marketing
In tandem with the challenges of the globalisation era and to fulfil the current demand of the industry and job market, UniKL moulds its graduates with strong technological knowledge, astute technical and entrepreneurial skills, as well as leadership qualities.
Presently, UniKL has more than 23,000 students and has produced more than 48,000 graduates who have gone on to become successful entrepreneurs locally and globally.
The Foundation in Science and Technology programme was introduced in 2004.
It is specially designed to prepare students for entry into the first year of bachelor degree programmes at UniKL.
The programme aims to:
• help students gain entry to bachelor programmes at UniKL;
• give students the technical and academic skills they need to successfully pursue a bachelor degree; and
• enhance their English language proficiency
UniKL seeks to provide an enriching learning environment that fulfils its students’ potential.
UniKL moulds its graduates with strong technical and business skills, as well as leadership qualities.