> Mourinho set for touchline ban after being charged by the FA for booting a bottle <
JOSE MOURINHO could be facing a threematch touchline ban after being hit with another FA charge. The Manchester United boss was last night accused of improper conduct following his meltdown at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Mourinho was sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss after flying into a rage and kicking a water bottle down the touchline when the official booked Paul Pogba for diving during United’s 1-1 draw with West Ham.
It is the second time in a month Mourinho has been charged with misconduct as he continues to make headlines for all the wrong reasons.
He got a one-match touchline ban for ranting at Mark Clattenburg last month and was warned about his future conduct then.
FA bosses could decide to hand him an extended ban of up to three games after growing tired of his antics.
“Jose Mourinho has been charged following Manchester United’s game against West Ham United on Sunday”
The FA announced their decision after studying Moss’s official match report and Starsport understands they are treating Mourinho’s latest misdemeanour as a ‘non standard offence’.
He has until 6pm on Thursday (Friday 2am Malaysian time) to respond but it remains to be seen if a disciplinary commission will hear the case before the end of this week.
If not then Mourinho will be in the dugout for this weekend’s trip to Everton, but could then miss clashes with Tottenham, Crystal Palace and West Brom.
An FA statement said: “Jose Mourinho has been charged following Manchester United’s game against West Ham United on Sunday.
“It is alleged his behaviour in or around the 27th minute of the game amounts to improper conduct. He has until Dec 6, 2016, to respond to the charge.”
Another FA rap is the last thing Mourinho needs as United’s season threatens to go downhill fast.
They have made their worst ever start to a Premier League campaign after 13 games and trail league leaders Chelsea by 11 points.
Mourinho was also fined £50,000 (RM277,000) for comments made about Anthony Taylor ahead of United’s recent trip to Liverpool and United bosses are becoming increasingly concerned by his behaviour.
However, the manager will escape reprimand from this own club despite the mounting frequency of his misdemeanours.
The only individual who might have that kind of conversation is the executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, though the word from the top of the club is that there are no plans to call Mourinho in for a chat.
Intrusions of that kind from the board tend to come when conduct is becoming a problem with sponsors and things are not as serious as that.
The view seems to remain what it was when was asked a senior board member in September if there worries about Mourinho’s histrionics damaging the United brand. ‘Ferguson was not averse to being at war with the establishment,’ came back the reply.
It does not take much imagination to know how Sir Bobby Charlton will feel about what he has witnessed in the first 103 days of Mourinho’s first Premier League season as Manchester United manager and the memory certainly drifts back to what Charlton told TV documentary makers about the man back in 2011.
“He pontificates too much for my liking. He is a really good coach but that’s as far as I would go, really.”
That choreographed meeting between Mourinho and Charlton in the Carrington car park on the day the manager arrived to begin his work has helped erase that sense of two cultures clashing, though we are getting to the stage when it is reasonable to ask whether someone with Old Trafford will be taking the 53-year-old aside and quietly reminding him of his responsibilities. – Daily Star / The Independent
Jose Mourinho got annoyed and kicked a water bottle – just enough to earn him his second red card of the season – this time by referee Jonathan Moss during the Manchester United versus West Ham United at Old Trafford on Sunday.