Ricotta & Spinach Gnocchi with Arrabbiata Sauce
100g baby spinach leaves, blanched,
350g firm ricotta
¾ cup grated parmesan
½ cup coconut flour
1 egg, lightly whisked
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp olive oil
3 rashers rindless beef bacon, diced
1 onion, chopped, plus extra sliced,
2 garlic cloves, crushed, plus extra sliced,
2 tsps oregano leaves, plus extra, to serve
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
2 tsps balsamic vinegar
1. Using clean hands, squeeze out excess moisture from spinach and finely chop. Transfer to a large bowl with ricotta, parmesan, flour and egg. Season and mix well.
2. Shape level tbsps of mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place on lined tray and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until required.
3. ARRABBIATA SAUCE Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium. Sauté beef bacon, onion and garlic 2-3 mins, until softened. Add oregano and chilli, cook 1 min. Stir in tomatoes and simmer 4-5 mins until thickened slightly. Stir in balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
4. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat combined butter and oil on high. Working in 2 batches, fry gnocchi 1-2 mins each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
5. Divide gnocchi and sauce among 4 serving plates. Scatter with extra oregano and garlic.