Kim Kar­dashian feared she was about to be raped dur­ing the rob­bery in Paris

Malta Independent - - WORLD -

Kim Kar­dashian bravely freed her­self by ‘wrig­gling her hands’ af­ter five masked men bound her wrists and an­kles with zip ties and left her in a bath­tub dur­ing her ter­ri­fy­ing rob­bery or­deal in Paris.

Kim feared she was go­ing to be raped dur­ing the break-in that left her tied up in her lux­ury Paris apart­ment as men dressed as po­lice officers stole mil­lions of dol­lars worth of jew­elry.

But once they had gone she man­aged to break free from the re­straints and scream for help from her balcony.

Kim had been asleep in just a robe early Mon­day when she heard the rob­bers bar­rel­ing up the stairs of her two-story apart­ment be­hind La Madeleine church in the city’s 8th ar­rondisse­ment, TMZ re­ported.

She was half­way through di­alling her body­guard when her phone was snatched out of her hands. Mean­while, her quick­think­ing friend Si­mone Harouche sprung from her bed down­stairs and locked her­self in a bath­room, the web­site re­ported.

The fash­ion stylist and long­time friend of the Kar­dashi­ans called Kim’s per­sonal body­guard Pas­cal Du­vier, who was out at the Arc night­club with Kourt­ney and Ken­dall less than two miles away.

Mean­while, the 35-year-old re­al­ity star begged for her life, scream­ing that she had two chil­dren as five masked men bound her wrists and an­kles be­fore leav­ing her in the bath­tub.

Kim man­aged to squeeze her hands out of the wrist ties by ‘wrig­gling her hands,’ a source told Peo­ple. An­other source said she ‘screamed from the balcony’ af­ter free­ing her­self, which is when her friend Harouche heard her.

Kim, who later told po­lice she feared she was go­ing to be raped, didn’t un­der­stand the French-speak­ing rob­bers amidst the chaotic scene.

But she heard them re­peat­ing ‘ring, ring’ be­fore she re­al­ized they were search­ing for the 20carat emer­ald-cut Lor­raine Schwartz ring given to her by hus­band Kanye West, ac­cord­ing to TMZ.

She soon told them where she left the ring, which is worth a re­ported $4.5mil­lion and last seen on Kim’s fin­ger in a Snapchat post ear­lier that night.

The men, who en­tered the build­ing af­ter hold­ing the concierge at gun­point, also stole a jew­elry box worth $6.7 mil­lion be­fore es­cap­ing on rented bi­cy­cles avail­able through­out the city.

Kim’s body­guard, who man­aged to re­turn to the apart­ment two min­utes af­ter the men es­caped, was blasted for al­low­ing the shock­ing se­cu­rity lapse while for­mer guard Steve Stan­ulis sug­gested it was an in­side job.

Kim was seen board­ing a pri­vate jet on Mon­day morn­ing with her head cov­ered in a black scarf, while a con­cerned Kanye met her at the air­port in New York.

As the cou­ple walked into their home in Man­hat­tan with a huge se­cu­rity pres­ence posted out­side, Kim’s en­gage­ment ring was no­tably miss­ing from her fin­ger.

But a source close to the case said: ‘She’s very pleased to be head­ing back to the United States. She has given a full state­ment for the po­lice.’

While her se­cu­rity team was blasted for al­low­ing the rob­bers to reach her Paris bed­room, Du­vier boarded the star’s pri­vate jet back to the US along with Kim’s as­sis­tant. Just hours be­fore the raid, he tweeted that ‘you don’t be­come a body­guard’s a job with ded­i­ca­tion, re­spon­si­bil­ity and pas­sion.’

He ex­pressed his com­mit­ment to find­ing the per­pe­tra­tors and said: ‘The events that oc­curred in Paris was one of the most sick­en­ing things I have seen or heard.

‘We have tips and leads and we will find you. That I prom­ise messed with the wrong one.’

The body­guard has been at Kim and Kanye’s side since 2014 and stands at 6’4” and weighs a hefty 264 pounds.

He made his com­ments on a per­sonal in­ter­net blog tonight where he also re-posted me­dia pro­files of him­self af­ter the rob­bery.

Steve Stan­ulis, a se­cu­rity spe­cial­ist who last worked for Kim and Kanye dur­ing the Met Gala in May, blamed the star for broad­cast­ing her jew­elry on so­cial me­dia. He also sug­gested pos­si­bil­i­ties of an in­side job.

He told Dai­ly­ ‘Look, they had this com­ing to them. They do not re­spect the im­por­tance of se­cu­rity when you have a pro­file as strong as theirs.

‘I saw this hap­pen­ing. It just had to with the way Kim flaunts her riches and her di­a­monds.’

He also told Page Six: ‘I would say it’s ei­ther an in­side job or pub­lic­ity stunt. That ho­tel is so se­cure, some­body must have tipped them off that she was alone in­side, or shown them a way in.’

In the star’s last Snapchat post be­fore she was robbed, she was seen wear­ing a stun­ning Lor­raine Schwartz en­gage­ment ring while Face­tim­ing her fu­ture sis­ter-in-law Blac Chyna at her baby shower just two hours be­fore the in­ci­dent.

She was also seen wear­ing the daz­zler hours ear­lier when she and sis­ter Kourt­ney ar­rived at the Alaia show­room.

The rock was given to her by Kanye just last month. He pro­posed to Kim back in 2013 with an­other Lor­raine Schwartz ring thought to be worth up­wards of $1.6mil­lion.

While the ex­act pieces that were taken haven’t been con­firmed, Kim had been wear­ing her new­est ring in mul­ti­ple so­cial me­dia posts, as well as dur­ing her out­ings in Paris.

On Mon­day morn­ing, Kim was seen with­out ei­ther of the rings on her fin­ger.

Kim also lost two of her prized smart phones, which are likely to con­tain a great deal of per­sonal in­for­ma­tion. An eye wit­ness de­scribed the mo­ment that French po­lice stormed into the Paris apart­ment to free Kim from the vi­o­lent jewel-rob­bing gang.

Rough-sleeper Mar­ion Mar­i­onescu told MailOn­line how he was wo­ken in the early hours of Mon­day morn­ing by po­lice sirens as he slept in a Paris Metro sta­tion.

And he told how he watched squadrons of heav­ily armed officers rush into the ex­clu­sive Ho­tel Por­tales in the cen­tre of the French cap­i­tal.

Mar­i­one­suc, who is in his 30s, told MailOn­line: ‘I was set­tling down to sleep af­ter re­turn­ing to my spot af­ter wan­der­ing the streets when I was wo­ken by lots of po­lice sirens.

‘There were so many po­lice cars I knew it was not some­thing nor­mal. I went up to the street to see what was hap­pen­ing. There were lots of po­lice cars.

‘And there were all of these po­lice­men go­ing into the build­ing. They had their guns out. There were officers in uni­form and oth­ers in plain clothes.

‘I had no idea what was go­ing on but I didn’t want to ask be­cause I didn’t want to get in­volved.’

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malta

© PressReader. All rights reserved.