Sus­pect ques­tioned in probe over Jan­uary 2015 Paris at­tacks

FRANCE

Malta Independent - - WORLD -

A French ju­di­cial of­fi­cial says a 37-year-old man is be­ing ques­tioned by in­ves­ti­ga­tors in the probe into the Jan­uary 2015 at­tacks on a satir­i­cal news­pa­per and a kosher su­per­mar­ket in Paris. The of­fi­cial said the sus­pect was ar­rested on Tuesday and is be­ing de­tained by po­lice since then. He spoke anony­mously be­cause he was not al­lowed to dis­close de­tails on an on­go­ing in­ves­ti­ga­tion. BFM tele­vi­sion re­ports the man is sus­pected of hav­ing played a role in help­ing pro­vid­ing weapons to Am­edy Coulibaly. Coulibaly took over a kosher su­per­mar­ket in Jan­uary 2015 and de­manded that po­lice back off their pur­suit of two broth­ers who had at­tacked satir­i­cal news­pa­per Char­lie Hebdo days ear­lier. Sev­en­teen peo­ple died in the two at­tacks. The three as­sailants were shot and killed by po­lice.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malta

© PressReader. All rights reserved.