AIR MAURITIUS PREMIUM LOUNGE
Anew relaxing area is now available for Air Mauritius passengers at the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport. The Air Mauritius Premium Lounge is a cosy and comfortable space, for travellers to relax in a luminous and modern décor.
This Air Mauritius initiative has a twofold purpose: to meet demand for more lounge space due to the growing number of passengers and to fill a void in terms of comfort for travellers faced with long waiting hours during transit, in particular for economy class passengers. By filling this gap in our customers’ needs, we believe we can position Mauritius as a more attractive destination for transit.
The Air Mauritius Premium Lounge is located past boarding gate No15, where gangways were recently renovated during the expansion of the Sir Seewoosagur International Airport. A comprehensive shopping area is also being developed all along the new boarding gates.
With a capacity of 120 guests, the Air Mauritius Premium Lounge is built on two levels. The ground floor interior is highlighted with light grey furniture, brightening the atmosphere in a space where the gentle trickle of a water fountain is a soothing feature. Upstairs, the classic décor and soft armchairs were all hand-picked for your comfort. Both floors are decorated with a valuable collection of works from renowned local artists.
Air Mauritius has taken necessary measures for your comfort: desks and Wi-Fi connection, a snacks and drinks buffet, a kids corner set up against a stunning wall art by yet another renowned local artist, showers and changing rooms. The next phase will be to install sleeping facilities for those who might need them during long transits.
In this lounge as in the Amédée Maingard Lounge, Air Mauritius is committed in protecting the environment and has eliminated all plastic items of single use.
GOOD TO KNOW
• Online access to a library of over 7 000 magazines and newspapers
• Connected tables equipped with USB ports & charging sockets
• Lounge access for all Air Mauritius passengers against payment of an entrance fee
• Two access packages are available: less than 4 hours & above 4 hours but up to 10 hours
• Opening hours are from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., i.e. during airport operating hours
• Lounge access can be purchased from travel agencies in Mauritius, at the Air Mauritius call centre and physically at the reception counter in the lounge
• The company is finalising an agreement with tour operators to also offer this product via their network