3 chil­dren res­cued from fire

The UB Post - - DOMESTIC -

The fire brigade res­cued three chil­dren aged five to six from their burn­ing apart­ment in Build­ing No.32 in Nalaikh District on Novem­ber 14.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been iden­ti­fied but fire­fight­ers spec­u­late that it was most likely caused by a cig­a­rette butt dis­carded to the bal­cony from the floor above. The chil­dren were found at home with­out an adult.

When asked about the in­ci­dent, spe­cial­ist from the Ulaan­baatar Emer­gency Depart­ment G.Enkht­sol­mon stated, “Most fam­i­lies keep un­used clothes on their bal­cony. How­ever, a fire can start when a smol­der­ing cig­a­rette butt is tossed on top of it.”

The fire brigade and emer­gency agen­cies haven’t re­ported about the con­di­tion of the chil­dren or given fur­ther de­tails about the in­ci­dent.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Mongolia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.