Melt­down sparks fire at Chris­tian or­gan­i­sa­tion’s com­pound

The Myanmar Times - - News -

A fire broke out around 1:40pm on Novem­ber 6 in a stu­dio on the sec­ond floor of a build­ing within the com­pound of the Myan­mar Union Mis­sion of the Sev­enth-Day Ad­ven­tist Church on U Wis­ara Road in Dagon town­ship. The blaze was ex­tin­guished by 2:15pm.

U Saw Ka­paw Mhu was edit­ing au­dio when the fire broke out, caused by the over­heat­ing of an air con­di­tioner and com­puter equip­ment in the stu­dio, ac­cord­ing to in­ves­ti­ga­tors.

The Dagon My­oma Po­lice Sta­tion opened a case against the 31-year-old edi­tor un­der the pe­nal code’s sec­tion 285, cov­er­ing neg­li­gent con­duct with re­spect to fire or com­bustible ma­te­rial.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Myanmar

© PressReader. All rights reserved.