Garment fire causes K750,000 in damages
Hundreds of firefighters were dispatched to the Asia Thamar Di garment factory on U Tun Nyo Road in Insein township’s Shwe Pyi Thar industrial zone after reports of a fire on November 6.
Some 260 firefighters and 22 fire engines arrived at the scene at about 8:30pm, bringing the fire under control by 9pm. The fire, which was blamed on a problem related to electrical wiring, caused an estimated K750,000 in damages.
The Insein Township Police Station opened a case under section 285 of the penal code.