Explosion at goldsmith’s house
At 3:30pm an oil pipe detached and caused an explosion on Gayunwanar Road in South Okkalapa township on November 9, according to the police. Ko Maung Maung San, 19, was working with a power torch to fix the oil pipe when the pipe detached and sparked a huge flame, burning his forehead, right cheek and left ankle. His coworker was burned on the chest. The two were sent to Thingangyun San Pya Hospital. Under section 285 and 338 of the penal code, they face legal action for negligent conduct with fire and endangering the personal safety of others.