Peugeot wins the Dakar Rally
26 years after its previous success on the epic event, Peugeot has won the Dakar Rally for the fifth time. The two- wheel drive Peugeot 2008 DKR triumphed with its most illustrious crew on the event: Stéphane Peterhansel and Jean-paul Cottret.
• Peugeot won the Dakar on just its second participation in the South American event.
• The Peugeot 2008 DKRS claimed nine stage wins out of 12, including 7 one-twos and 2 one-two-threes.
• Exactly 25 years since his first victory (on a motorbike), Stéphane Peterhansel sealed his 12th Dakar success.
• Cyril Despres (with David Castera) and Sébastien Loeb (with Daniel Elena) were the big surprises of the Dakar. They finished 7th and 9th.
• Three of the four PEUGEOT 2008 DKRS entered reached the finish.
Also see page 15!