Power unit catches fire
Fire trucks city-wide were called at noon on Monday when a back-up power supply unit caught fire in a server room on Unitec’s Mt Albert campus.
Extinguishers pened the blaze.
Avondale senior station officer Gary Lane says six crews brought more extinguishers and smaller ones were gathered from the campus.
‘‘When we got into the room the smoke was so thick we had to use a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint the exact location of the fire,’’ Mr Lane says.
Only the power unit was damaged.