FIRE SAFETY

Auckland City Harbour News - - YOUR PAPER, YOUR PLACE -

Hous­ing New Zealand ten­ants are being urged to fol­low fire safety mes­sages af­ter a spate of fires. At least five fires have oc­curred in state houses over the last three weeks. They are thought to have been caused by unattended cook­ing and clothes dry­ers. The NZ Fire Ser­vice says there are a range of sim­ple steps people can take, such as keep­ing fur­ni­ture, clothes and chil­dren at least one me­tre away from fire­places and heaters; clean­ing the lint trap in the dryer; not leav­ing cook­ing food unattended; keep­ing your stove grill free from grease buildup and keep­ing flammable items away from the cook­ing area.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.