Four Aucklanders sought after $100m drug bust
A group of central Aucklanders is being sought after one of the country’s biggest drug busts.
Around 330kgs of the class B drug ContacNT, which could have been used to make $100 million of the drug P, was seized by police in raids across Auckland and the Waikato on December 4.
The raids brought to an end an 18-month long investigation named Operation Ghost.
Twenty-four people were arrested and up to $20 million in assets were seized including property, cars and cash.
Some left the country during the investigation, which intensified earlier this year.
‘‘During that time different people came and went out of the country. To stop them would nul- lify the effect of any investigation,’’ OFCANZ Detective Inspector Bruce Good says.
‘‘It just happens that at termination time these four were out of the country.’’
Mr Good couldn’t comment on any efforts being made to get the four to return.
The investigation is ongoing, he says.