No smoke alarms

Central Leader - - NEWS -

Three men are lucky to be alive af­ter a fire in a Mt Eden apart­ment. The fire ser­vice was called to the Wyn­yard Rd property at 10.30am on June 22. It took an hour to get the blaze un­der con­trol. The apart­ment was se­verely dam­aged and two men were taken to hospi­tal to be treated for smoke in­hala­tion, sta­tion of­fi­cer Bruce Dodd says. The fire is be­lieved to have been started by a heater, he says. There were also no work­ing smoke alarms in the apart­ment where three men were sleep­ing when the fire broke out.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.