Re­minder on al­co­hol

Central Leader - - NEWS LIFESTYLE& LEISURE -

If you are hold­ing a one­off event with al­co­hol for sale then you need to ap­ply for a spe­cial li­cence.

The coun­cil says peo­ple want­ing a spe­cial li­cence to hold an event such as a birth­day party should ap­ply at least 20 days be­fore­hand.

Ap­pli­ca­tion costs range from $63 to $575 for a sin­gle event, depend­ing on the num­ber of peo­ple ex­pected.

The coun­cil is also re­mind­ing busi­nesses that sell al­co­hol to en­sure their li­cence is up to date.

New rules have been in ef­fect for just over a year since the Gov­ern- ment in­tro­duced the Sale and Sup­ply of Al­co­hol Act and busi­nesses are now fac­ing a re­newal process un­der the new leg­is­la­tion.

Coun­cil al­co­hol li­cens­ing manager Rob Ab­bott says it is im­por­tant op­er­a­tors re­new their li­cence on time to en­sure they can con­tinue to sell.

Li­censees also need to ap­ply at least 20 days be­fore their li­cence ex­pires.

A new li­cence has to be re­newed af­ter one year, and then again three years af­ter that.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.