Slimy shock at break­fast

Central Leader - - FRONT PAGE - HUGH COLLINS

A dark, slimy sub­stance found in­side a car­ton of al­mond milk was a sick­en­ing sur­prise for an Auck­land house­hold.

About two weeks ago Mt Al­bert res­i­dent Roger Tuamo­h­eloa fell sick with a stom­ach bug.

He said it was a re­sult of drink­ing Blue Diamond Al­mond Breeze Al­mond Milk pur­chased from Mt Al­bert Pak ‘n Save.

As he poured the last of the al­mond milk onto his break­fast he was shocked to see a dark, slimy liq­uid ooze out the bot­tle.

With the ex­piry date be­ing July 2017 Tuamo­h­eloa made con­tact with Blue Diamond Grow­ers, the owner of the prod­uct.

He said the com­pany did not take re­spon­si­bil­ity for the spoiled prod­uct. Tuamo­h­eloa was told the prob­lem would have oc­curred af­ter the prod­uct left the fac­tory.

Tuamo­h­eloa said he and his part­ner were reg­u­lar buy­ers of Al­mond Breeze but were un­likely to pur­chase it again.

A Blue Diamond Grow­ers spokes­woman said it had been in­ves­ti­gat­ing the sit­u­a­tion.

Mt Al­bert Pak ‘n Save owner Brian Car­ran said an in­ves­ti­ga­tion would begin im­me­di­ately and re­main­ing stock would be checked.

‘‘The out­come of this will de­ter­mine any cor­rec­tive ac­tion taken,’’ Car­ran said.

Mt Al­bert Pak ‘n Save would con­tact Tuamo­h­eloa and of­fer a re­im­burse­ment, he said.

HUGH COLLINS/FAIRFAX NZ

Roger Tuamo­h­eloa made a slimy find when con­sum­ing a bot­tle of al­mond milk.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.