Slimy shock at breakfast
A dark, slimy substance found inside a carton of almond milk was a sickening surprise for an Auckland household.
About two weeks ago Mt Albert resident Roger Tuamoheloa fell sick with a stomach bug.
He said it was a result of drinking Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk purchased from Mt Albert Pak ‘n Save.
As he poured the last of the almond milk onto his breakfast he was shocked to see a dark, slimy liquid ooze out the bottle.
With the expiry date being July 2017 Tuamoheloa made contact with Blue Diamond Growers, the owner of the product.
He said the company did not take responsibility for the spoiled product. Tuamoheloa was told the problem would have occurred after the product left the factory.
Tuamoheloa said he and his partner were regular buyers of Almond Breeze but were unlikely to purchase it again.
A Blue Diamond Growers spokeswoman said it had been investigating the situation.
Mt Albert Pak ‘n Save owner Brian Carran said an investigation would begin immediately and remaining stock would be checked.
‘‘The outcome of this will determine any corrective action taken,’’ Carran said.
Mt Albert Pak ‘n Save would contact Tuamoheloa and offer a reimbursement, he said.
Roger Tuamoheloa made a slimy find when consuming a bottle of almond milk.