FIRE GUTS ONE­HUNGA HOUSE

Central Leader - - YOUR LOCAL NEWS -

A house was been gut­ted by fire af­ter it went up in flames in the Auck­land sub­urb of One­hunga on Sun­day af­ter­noon. Emer­gency ser­vices were sent to the

Pleas­ant St ad­dress across the road from One­hunga High School at 2.30pm af­ter mul­ti­ple calls from the pub­lic. A neigh­bour said dark grey smoke had been ‘‘steam­ing out’’ from the house, al­though it had mostly died away by 3pm. Fire and emer­gency north­ern shift man­ager Jaron Phillips said the house was a sin­gle-story dwelling, and three ap­pli­ances were at the scene. There had not been any risk to sur­round­ing prop­er­ties.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.