Tomato Sauce for Pizza Base
1Tbsp olive oil 2 cloves of garlic chopped 1 onion chopped 1 can of chopped tomatoes 1Tbsp tomato paste 1 handful of fresh basil ( or 1Tbl of dried) 1tsp dried oregano 2-3 anchovies chopped Salt and pepper to taste
Edam cheese Salami Genoese pesto 2 fresh tomatoes sliced 1 handful fresh basil 50g butter 2 cloves garlic finely chopped 1 handful of chopped parsley
1. Place the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and set aside until it has become frothy, usually around 5 mins
2. In another bowl add the flour, oil, salt. Pour in the frothy yeast mixture and blend with your hands into a dough.
3. Cover and let it double in size. This usually takes about an hour.
4. Meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce. Sautee off the garlic, onion and anchovies in the olive oil on a medium heat.
5. Once these have softened, add in your canned tomatoes, herbs and tomato paste and let it simmer for 10 mins.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I often add chili powder here if I am making for my husband and I and I don’t have any fresh. I then blend my sauce but you can leave it chunky also.
6. Flour your surface and knock back the dough (knead) to remove the air.
7. Cut up the dough into 4 even pieces and roll each piece out until you have desired thickness and shape.
8. Smear on the tomato sauce,
On a roll: Charlie Stanley, 9, making his