Step SERVO drives and motors for Ether CAT networks
Applied Motion Products,
Inc. has released a new series of drives and motors with Ether CAT communications. These new products utilise Applied Motion’s Step SERVO technology which combines the high torque capabilities of step motors with the closed loop dynamic control of servo systems. The result is a motor and drive solution that operates more quietly and efficiently, while providing greater torque and higher acceleration rates than traditional step motor systems.
Ether CAT is a high performance industrial Ethernet network designed for real-time control in automation environments. These newly released Step SERVO Drives and Motors support CAN open over Ether CAT (CoE) control, allowing them to be integrated into new and existing Ether CAT networks. The products support CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, and Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
Included in this release are three new Step SERVO Drives and fourteen new Step SERVO Motors, ranging in sizes from NEMA 11 to NEMA 34. Products in this series are identified by an “SS” in the part number, such as the SS05- EC- D drive and the HT23-SS2DGB motor. A full complement of mating cables, power supplies, and other accessory products is available from Applied Motion Products.
• Ether CAT communications built- in with support for CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
• Step SERVO closed l oop stepper technology featuring space vector current control.
• Peak torques for greater acceleration and throughput.
• Higher efficiency, l ower power consumption than open loop step motors.
• Motor frame sizes NEMA 11, 17, 23, 24 and 34.
• Each drive provides eight digital inputs, four digital outputs, and t wo analog inputs for interfacing to sensors, switches, and other external signals.
DETAILS, BECKHOFF NEW ZEALAND PH: 09 281 2736, E-MAIL INFO@BECKHOFF.CO.NZ