The Haz­ardous Sub­stances

DEMM Engineering & Manufacturing - - HEALTH & SAFETY -

(Fire­works, Safety Am­mu­ni­tion, and Other Explosives Trans­fer) Reg­u­la­tions 2003 set out the con­trols that ap­ply to explosives and pro­vide ap­provals for var­i­ous clas­si­fi­ca­tions of explosives. The Haz­ardous Sub­stances (Classes 1 to 5 Con­trols) Reg­u­la­tions 2001 set out re­quire­ments for the fol­low­ing:

• Ap­proved han­dlers.

• Dis­play and sale.

• Lo­ca­tions for stor­age and use.

• Pro­tec­tion from sources of ig­ni­tion.

• Seg­re­ga­tion.

• Mag­a­zines.

• Sep­a­ra­tion dis­tance re­quire­ments.

• De­t­o­na­tion or de­fla­gra­tion re­quire­ments.

• In­door and out­door py­rotech­nic dis­plays.

• Trans­fer of class 1 sub­stances.

• Trans­porta­tion.

• Con­trolled Sub­stance Li­cence for pos­sess­ing explosives.

For most explosives and py­rotech­nics, a Con­trolled Sub­stance Li­cence is re­quired in order to pos­sess the ex­plo­sive or py­rotech­nic.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.